Monday, September 28, 2009


This is Megan. This photo was taken in the afternoon in the shade. I like that you can see the reflection in the window.


This is Megan again. I really like the lighting in this photo. I was from behind her and almost creates a halo affect. I like that she is smiling as well.



This is Emily. I like that you can tell she is surrounded by plants, but because they are blurred it doesn't distract from the subject. I also like that you can see the light reflecting on her hair and that she is only in half of the photo.

3 comments:

  1. I think the third photo is really pretty. I like how when I look at it, I say, "Oh, well there's the pretty blue sky, and oh, there's some pink in the corner..." And then the greens are different shades. Also, the lighting looks really nice :-)

    And on the first one, I think the reflection is a neat way to show context. After seeing this twice now — once in your photo and once in Megan's, I'd like to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the second photograph because the lighting is great! The colors are beautiful with her shirt and the green behind along with the piece of the wall you got in the shot. It all adds a bit of layering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work here. Nice backlighting. Don't be afraid to put your subject at when you are shooting a portrait. Talk to them, let them be themselves.

    ReplyDelete