Monday, September 28, 2009

Portraits


This girl's name is Damaris. I took this picture outside in daylight. The building didnt have direct sunlight on it, so the pictures turned out good. I like the rule of thirds in this picture. I like that her face is not center. I also like that she is looking away.







This picture was taken outside as well. It almost looks over exposed because of how bright his hair is. I liked that with kids, their pictures are pure expression.










.


I love this picture! I like that the color looks rich, and I like the way his arms are holding on and his feet are up. Once again, pure expression. I had a lot of pictures of this little boy, but had to narrow which two were the best.















This girl's name is Ryann. This picture dealt with lighting. I had fun experimenting with how to adjust lighting on different parts of the face. I took a lot of pictures of her face, and I liked the way this one shone on that specific part of her face.













I think this picture is breathtaking. I love how the light is behind her face so you can see the line of her features.













5 comments:

  1. Love the first and last shots. I can see the contours of the brick and Damaris' face. The contrast is great: rough to smooth.

    The shot of Ryann caught my attention because of the crease in her arm, as it draws the viewer back to her facial features.
    Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how clean and clear all of the pictures are. You were very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to agree...the first and the last are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like on the first one how there's just a little sliver of window to the left.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little bit of cropping could go a long way on the first image. Overexposing with the kid was a great choice and nice read on the light on the last couple.

    ReplyDelete