Monday, September 28, 2009

Portraits

This is a girl named Jackie who I met at the bar. She was really hesitant to let me take her picture, but I really liked the red streaks in her hair and thought it would pop well because the environment around her was so dark. I like the way it contrasts and that she is in the far right of the picture.

This is a guy named Dave that I met at the bar. I asked if I could take his picture and he was really nice about it. I got right up in his face, zoomed in and bent down a little to get a slight upward angle and it didn't make him uncomfortable at all. He stayed until I got a photo I liked.


This is my friend. Max, talking to some friends at the bar. He looked up at me and I really liked this picture because he is in his element, he is genuine, the tables behind him show repetition and I like the red "Citizens" sign behind him. If I could change this photo, I would crop the girl's face out of the left side and the little strip above the fence at the top of the picture.

6 comments:

  1. I like them all, but the 2nd is my favorite. The blurred background creates a nice effect, and you caught a good expression on his face which is nicely cropped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are all really good. I would have to agree that the second is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. These are all great! I can't decide which one I like the best. I really like the colors in the first one i.e. how her hair looks in contrast with the Stonewall, but then I dig how close the photo of Dave is. He's a neat guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the closeness of the pictures. I like that you werent afraid to get too close. You can see their facial expressions, their features, their emotion. I like that the background is very nice, and well lit, but irrelevant because you are so focused on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one of Max is great, I think you really captured an element of his personality and I like how you framed it. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good subjects and nice even light, but remember that rule of thirds isnt the only option out there!

    ReplyDelete