Monday, September 28, 2009

Portraits


This is Kendall, a waitress at Mom's Place. This one might be a little busy, but I like it because the mirror behind her shows the rest of the restaurant.


The is James Alexander Hair, a former OSU professor. I found him at Shortcakes. He was resistant to let me take his picture, joking that he was wanted in four states.

The lighting was hard to work with in the restaurant, but i like that one side of his face is lit up and the other is shaded.


This is Mike Story. He is a former hippie and now he is the BCM director at OSU. This one is a little hot, but I like it because it helps show his eyes.

3 comments:

  1. I like the last photo. I think with the light source coming from behind, it helps to highlight the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the first photo, I thought the mirror was a doorway at first, and then I read the caption. I like it! That's a neat way to show context.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good informational background on the first image. Remember to use all the tools we have learned this semester in your portraits as well. Composition, light and exposure still make the photo!

    ReplyDelete