Friday, September 25, 2009

Portraits

My first set of portraits are of an interesting guy I work with. His name is Russell. He used to be in the military, and so now he obsessively shaves his head, chain smokes and has a lot of interesting stories. I randomly asked him if I could take his photos for class on a whim. He's quite the interesting character. For instance, he plays the guitar very well and has a pet turtle named Jane Elizabeth. I followed him around a bit, trying to take photos to show how interesting of a character he is. Anyway, most of the photos of him didn't turn out the way I'd hoped, and most of the best ones are of him smoking. But I didn't know him very well at all, and now I have a new work friend!
These look great on my laptop, but looked a little dark when I saw them using my sister's computer. So please let me know if they're too dark.






He ended up knowing some things about photography, and taught me a couple of them. We had a couple of cool light painting photos, but not cool enough to post. So just because, he's a slow-shutter photo of him in front of a major city street in Enid.

3 comments:

  1. These are pretty groovy! I like the one where he's squatting and looking off camera probably the most. The lighting in that one is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work here! Nice work with light and a good try at the long exposure. Keep trying it on other subjects.

    ReplyDelete