Monday, December 7, 2009

Ribbon in Couture

















Ribbon is most commonly associated with little girls and hair bows. However, ribbon is now being used in fashion, and has turned out to be a tool in which photographers use to convey emotion, or feeling. In my photographs, I took two things I particularly love, ribbon and fashion. There are three different subjects that have different colors of ribbon somehow incorporated with them. I used three different girls to show numerous scenarios in which a different collaboration of colors of ribbons can be perceived. Some of the photographs are used with ribbon in the girls hands, and others in places like the back and ankles. I used different angles and lighting techniques to show movement. I used inspiration from different designers such as Juicy Couture, Dolce and Gabbana and a few come from make up artists like MAC. Ultimately, ribbon can show two strong emotions; edgy and girly. I think that one select number of them show intensity in the girls emotions. And I think the other remaining show a girl's ability to be fierce and be embellished at the same time.


2 comments:

  1. Amazing job! I love the pops of color that the ribbons create. I have many favorites in your essay, but I'd say my most favorite is the third to last.

    ReplyDelete