Monday, February 15, 2010

Portraits

This is Sarah. She is an aviation major here at OSU, and I wanted to photograph her because I find her pretty interesting. She is really shy and quiet, and was kind of uncomfortable being photographed. At the same time she is aspiring to be a pilot, which seems like such tough major to have, and you would think you would need to be really aggressive and tough to be a female in such a male dominated industry. She seems to handle it just fine being sweet. This was toward the end of when we were shooting, and it ended up being my favorite because she relaxed a little and was goofing off.


This is Bill. My mother flips houses, and he is her contractor. Bill has had a really tragic life, but you would never know it because he has such a positive outlook on everything. A few years ago he was in an accident at work and he lost three fingers on one hand. Two were re-attached, but they were unable to re-attach the third, which you can see in one photo. While he was going through this, his wife died in her early forties from a stroke caused by medication. He then had to raise two children alone. He really is an impressive guy.
For the first photo I am zoomed completely in, and this was during his "modeling session" toward the end of the shoot. He was a lot of fun. The second shot I am zoomed all the way out. He was on the roof of the house, and I climbed up a few steps on a ladder to get the shot. I couldn't choose my favorite.

1 comment:

  1. the third picture is pretty amazing. great work!! and great story, you picked a good subject.

    ReplyDelete