Monday, February 8, 2010

Assignment #3




This Saturday I went to Boomer Lake to cover the Polar Plunge, which it looks like a few others did as well. I honestly went to the event feeling prepared and got completely overwhelmed once I arrived and started taking photos. I took the photos in the style of Gary Knight, or at least I attempted to. It seems that in a lot of his photos he shoots very wide, to the point where you almost wonder what it is that you are supposed to be focusing on. He seems to get a lot of the landscaping in his photos, and the people or objects seem very small in comparison. He also tends to get more of the ground and less of the sky in these photos. Many of his closer up shots have a blurry quality to them, with one person being in focus and everything else being blurry, or most of the photo having a sort of blurry or distorted quality to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment