Sunday, February 14, 2010

Portrait Assignment- Holly Livengood







I met Roy, a resident Grace Living Center, while passing out Valentines Day cards on Sunday. Roy was involved in a head-on collision and was hit by a car going over 100mph. Roy's legs were broken and he had an 18 hour surgery on his brain, following the accident. He is now able to walk with the assistance of his cane.

His story interested me, but what I was really amazed by was his character. After going through all that he has, Roy is full of life and told me many jokes while we were talking.


This is Kellie, I work at an apartment complex and I always see her walking or riding the bus somewhere. Turns out there is a reason other than her not having a car. Two years ago Kellie was involved in an accident which totalled her car. This left her not only without a car, but with a fear to even drive again.



I found her story interesting because I take having a mode of transportation for granted and often complain if I have to walk somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. i love the first two of roy. he seems like a lot of fun. great work!

    ReplyDelete