Monday, February 15, 2010

Assignment 4: Portraits (Dana Lea Smith)

This man's name is John and he rebuilds classic cars and trucks. He sometimes shows them in classic car shows but eventually sells them and starts over with new cars. I took these pictures at his home in Beggs (a small town about 30 miles south of Tulsa). This first picture is of him sitting inside a '57 Chevy Bel-air in his garage

He really wanted a picture with the engine in this Impala because I guess it's really fast or something. I kind of like this picture but I wish there wasn't a shadow hiding his face. I guess I really just posted it because he would want me to show off this engine.

And here is a picture of him at his work station in his garage, working on the engine for the Bel-air I believe.



Close-ups


This is Nick and he was a last minute photo shoot for me because my original plans to shoot another girl fell through. I ended up kind of liking this though, he is a pre-pharmacy student at Tulsa Community College AND he is a rapper who has done a few shows and recently produced and released his own CD. His rap alias is "Raine" because his music has a really deep, emotional feel and most of it is about his troubled childhood. That is why I liked this first picture of him, it shows emotion.

And here is another with his headphones on.

1 comment: