Monday, March 25, 2013

Location: Gage, Oklahoma Airport (GAG)


My brother is currently working on getting his pilot license.  On our way home from grocery shopping in a nearby town, he took me by the Gage, Oklahoma airport to see his new plane.  I live relatively close to this airport and have never been there before.  I did not expect this to be a photo opportunity, however, it was actually an interesting sight to see. 
I was shocked when I saw the inside of his plane.  All of the planes in this hangar had "experimental" stickers on them.  I took this picture to show the small size of the cockpit and how it would feel to actually be flying this plane. 


Thanks to the Oklahoma wind, many days at the Gage airport are spent inside the barn, drinking some beer and working on their planes.  These are some of the plane owners as they sit around telling stories and watching others repair parts of the plane. 


Ron Cox and son, Jason Cox worked together to build this plane.  I liked this picture because it shows the father son pair repairing the tire on the plane that they built together.  They told me that they spent 3 years building this particular plane from scratch. 
This was a Harley Davidson motorcycle that one of the pilots often drives to the airport on nice days.  I like how the younger boys in the picture look as if they are admiring the motorcycle because that is exactly what they were doing. 

I love this picture because it really shows the location of the airport.   You can immediately recognize the location from the city name on the roof of the airport and the stone Oklahoma statue.  This is the view pilots see as they land and approach the airport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment