Monday, March 25, 2013

Location Essay: The Mohawk - Austin, Texas

I focused on a venue in downtown Austin during SXSW for this assignment.

It took about an hour of waiting outside of Mohawk to actually make it inside. In this photo someone nearing the front of the line looks for a friend.

I noticed the framing here and couldn't resist using it.

Patrons stand on one of the overlooks of the stage.

I'm sure the bartenders were exhausted from the constant stream of people all week, but they were still enjoying themselves.

Here's a rare sight at SXSW: children. These are probably the first kids I saw all weekend and they were really enjoying the music. It was actually pretty cool - someone who was standing near the middle let these kids and their parents trade places with them so the kids could be further away from the speaker.

Rather than including mediocre shots I got of the band from  this far back in the crowd, I thought this photo of a fan enjoying their music tells more about the location than just the band would anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment