Sunday, March 24, 2013

Assignment 9 - Beaver's Bend - Colton Clason

A young boy looked up as he disembarked from a canoe ride.
His parents paddled right into the middle of the clean background.
I chose to focus on the trees and leave the kayaks slightly obscured
and out of focus in a nice piece of light. 
I thought this was a neat macro shot of the spillway with an old
fishing line. I hoped this picture would contrast with the rest.
This fly fisherman didn't catch anything while I was shooting,
but he waded ashore and talked sports with me. He's from Kansas.
These fishermen seemed placed perfectly in my shot of the creek.
I like how they pull your eye back through the bend.
It wasn't the nicest day out, but I tried to compensate by
exposing so the clouds would add to this shot of Broken Bow Lake.
I wanted to frame the island and shore between the foreground trees.
Bonus: Large bird flying above the island.
 I spent a couple days at Beaver's Bend near Broken Bow in South-East Oklahoma. The scenic, mountainous spot is popular for canoeing, kayaking, and trout fishing. I tried to capture early spring life around an area South of Broken Bow Lake called "Lost Creek." Many of the other visitors I spoke with came from Oklahoma, Texas, and even Kansas to fish, camp, and enjoy the scenery.





No comments:

Post a Comment