Monday, December 13, 2010


WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP

There was once a time when our dreams were limitless; a time when our imagination ran wild and we had all the potential in the world to do whatever we wanted. As we grow up, many of our dreams have dissolved away, yet some have stayed persistent. This essay is about those dreams that have survived.

In this essay I brought in a variety of subjects who have chased their dreams right up to the point of living them. I convinced my subjects to come to my studio, dressed in that which they will be wearing at their soon-to-be professions.

While shooting, we discussed what they will be doing the rest of their lives, where they will be doing it and, ultimately, where they want it to take them. They told me the stories of their childhood dreams, when they dreamt them, and how they evolved into what they are now.

Behind the camera, my goal was to try to capture the character of both their professional and social personality. I wanted to capture who they would be in the office and who they truly were in their different emotions expressed.

I truly enjoyed this project because I was able to capture raw character that they never intended to show me. Absolute, true, beautiful, emotional character.



A Preacher


A Dancer

A Teacher

A Fashion Designer


A Dental Hygienist


A Petroleum Engineer



An Architect


A Musician



A Dance Teacher


What do you want to be when you grow up?


No comments:

Post a Comment