Monday, November 16, 2009











The photographer I have chosen to imitate is Allison V. Smith. I specifically remember seeing her work in class and admiring her style. When I look at her photographs it gives off a small town feel. They are rustic like that of a small town, but also simple. Many of her photos have very clean lines and force the viewer to look directly at the subject. I want to imitate her style of photography by going to a small town in Oklahoma, rather than Texas where her photos were taken, and try to capture the same rustic small town feel that she does. I want to do this by incorporating colors as well as old architectural elements while still allowing the photographs to remain simple in nature. I took the following photographs on a farm about twenty miles out from Stillwater. Many times, small towns wouldn’t exist without the surrounding farms. I hoped to capture the simple nature and lifestyle of farm life.

1 comment: