Monday, November 16, 2009

Imitation Assignment



I chose Misty Keasler for my imitation assignment. When I looked at Keasler's website I noticed that she worked a lot in small towns and found interesting subjects to shoot. Although I found that her overwhelming style consisted of the way she placed things in her pictures. I noticed that she took many vertical pictures with her main subject in the bottom half of the picture. I tried to imitate this with the picture of the car in downtown Stillwater. I used the car as the main subject and the old sign and buildings in the back ground to show something interesting about this old part of town. The leaves picture is one where I played with light coming through the leaves as Keasler has done. I noticed that she also had many pictures of trees, Christmas trees in particular, so I found a tree that was similar for my last photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment