Monday, November 16, 2009

Campbell Imitation Assignment




I chose Sarah Rhoads because I absolutely LOVE her pictures! She is so creative in her style and most of her pictures are engagement or wedding pictures, which will always draw a girl in. I've spent a lot of time on her blog and Web site prior to this assignment and have become familiar with how passionate about her photos and more importantly how much she gets to know her subjects. In her blog she always has something marvelous to say about the shoot or what she learned of or about the couple or family. I perceive her style to be some what saturated, but mostly I always notice her angles. They're not always just straight on. Sometimes she cuts out part of the head or feet of the person or she gets really close to the couple to where they are filling the frame. In my attempt to recreate a Sarah Rhoads photo, I cut out part of the body of my subjects. I just got the feet of them and part of their upper body, but not their faces. I could never capture her style to a "T," but I tried.
http://www.sarahrhoads.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment