Monday, October 26, 2009

Live Field Production

I spent most of Homecoming week and game day preparing material for my Live Field Production class. For this class, we broadcast the Homecoming parade and material pre-parade. I ordered my photos from preparing before the parade to packing up equipment.My TA, Jory Burson, is helping a fellow student Anabel Mendoza by hooking up cables and making sure the equipment is running properly. We unloaded a moving truck load of equipment into the Board of Education building to set up.
Two students, Raya Greenbaum and Ashley Grinols, are climbing up to the roof to make sure the equipment is working properly up there. They are also helping run cables and extension cords to power equipment on the roof.
The equipment had to be assembly lined up onto the roof. Matt Hames is standing on the only means to get on and off the roof.
We did several practice runs, which made things seem easy. Tiera Alexander and sister Ivory are cheerful during practice before the broadcast begins and stress sets in.
We're minutes away from the broadcast, as people move to their stations. Professors Marc Krein and Jack Hodgson are instructing students on what to do.
As I was at my post for the broadcast, I couldn't get any photos of the stress levels showing, like I wish I could've. This is a photo after the broadcast is over. I liked this photo, though, because their expressions have drastically changed. This is the beginning shot of breaking down the equipment.

1 comment:

  1. Some details and big overall photos could have helped out, but nice work picking a behind the scenes story for a common subject.

    ReplyDelete