Monday, March 1, 2010

Favorite assignment so far :)

This turned out to be a really good establishing shot. This kid and his friend were taping the same stunt over and over. I got lots of shots from different angles.




These next two are random art up and about. The colors on the first are incredible and I only found it going through a little walkway that I never even knew was there.

The second is pretty small and you wouldn't see it unless you were really paying attention.


I loved the framing of the smoke stack here. I went back to try to shoot it without the wall and pillars in the foreground but I felt like it lost the effect from the first time so I decided to keep it as is.

I spent a lot of time hanging out over this overpass waiting for someone to come underneath. I shot this without a person in my first shoot but I waited until I caught someone the next time.


This shoot, I got to the park later than I had planned on and felt like I wasn't going to get much that was usable but the slow shutter speed made for some interesting patterns.

The flag came from the same shoot. I kept shooting the flag because it was the only color and movement in the dreary weather.



I wanted to catch the moon and the tree branches in this one but I waited for someone to come by to add a little interest. I shot a few different bike riders.
I was trying to find interesting ways to incorporate the sun here.

The last one is a shot Shane told me to look for and I'm glad I did. I kept trying to get it just right and it took a while. Then I had to wait for someone to walk by and hope it lined up right. This girl was actually waiting outside the shot because she thought she would be in the way but I just told her to keep walking.

3 comments:

  1. Stellar eye, Amanda! I plan on coming back and talking about the photos that I like the most, but overall awesome job!

    ReplyDelete