Monday, March 1, 2010

Small town Corrosion

I went to my hometown and nabbed several photos of the buildings that seem to be falling apart there. These photos don't really have any interesting angles simply because I wanted to be able to capture the entire object in a simple way for the majority of the project.

These first two shots are of the same building. Right as you enter the beautiful town of Kellyville, this is probably the first thing that catches your eye. So I took two pictures, one as an establishing shot, and one as a slightly closer look at the building. I didn't purposefully add the slight blue tint, but I think it adds to the tone a little.

This next picture is actually of the newest building addition to Kellyville. It's only been there a couple of years. I'm pretty sure it was an attempt to give the town an "old west" feel, but it turned out looking kellyvillian.
This picture shows the only building in Kellyville that seemed worthy of doing business. It's been closed a little more than a year now.
Yes, Kellyville has a middle-school. The building's been there for nearly 100 years. It definitely shows.
I'll be honest, I'm not sure what this place is, why it's here, but it had several rusty cars. A worthy photo for a corroding town.
I've known about this apartment building in Kellyville for awhile now, and as long as I can remember, it was abandoned. Much to my surprise, after I shot this photo, some guy walked out of that door on top and waved at me. It seems to be in use again.
These last two photos are of some older grave sites in the Kellyville cemetery. I used to pass this place everyday and never knew how old some of the headstones were. It sounds creepy, but I probably spent most of time in the cemetery looking at them.

Oh, and these three, are really as small as they appear. I couldn't even read the writing on them.

1 comment:

  1. It would have been great to get a shot of the guy waving at you from the apartment building.

    Like the cemetery shots as well. I've been tempted to shoot some pictures there also.

    ReplyDelete