Monday, April 29, 2013

Lane Livers Final

Carley and her mother Julie have been running races together since Carley was in high school. They posted their numbers at the top of their stairs to remind them of all they've accomplished.
Carley relies on her Garmin watch to keep track of her distance. She said she preferred this over Nike's Itune's app because she doesn't like to hear how far she's going, she'd rather just check randomly.

Carley has been running races and half marathons since high school, when she participated in cross country and track. Her mom is the one who originally encouraged her to try out for cross country.

The Ellis' live on a farm outside of Edmond and her father created a cross country course on the land. On Easter her family all runs around the course looking for eggs full of money.

Carley finished her first full marathon in 4 hours and 12 minutes, beating her personal goal by 24 minutes. "Crossing that finish line was one of the most rewarding feelings I've ever experienced," Ellis said. "For a while I was running with my mom, but I could tell I had a faster pace so I was like 'see ya.'"

Almost immediatly after crossing the finish line she turned to look for her mom.

Carley waited on the bleachers, her mother crossed the finish line nearly 40 minutes after she finished. "I didn't know she was that far behind me," Ellis said. "I was waiting by the finish line for a while and finally some guy made me move."

Mother and daughter seeing each other after their first marathon together.

Mrs. Ellis forced Carley to eat a burger after her run, Carley didn't hesitate. 

Like mother like daughter. The duo went shopping the week before and purchased matching running gear. "I wanted to match more, but Carley was embarrassed and wouldn't let me get hot pink," Ellis said.


Mrs. Ellis ripped off Carley's knee tape when she wasn't looking. She commented on Carley's "first marathon tan lines."

Carley limps up her staircase after running 26.2 miles for the first time. 

Post run meal. Mr. Ellis had a full meal waiting for them when they returned home. 

Run to remember.



No comments:

Post a Comment