Monday, February 4, 2013

Assignment 3: Disc Golf


On a nice day at Boomer Lake, you can find many disc golfers playing the course.   I walked around the course with a few different groups of golfers to get some photographs. I factored in many aspects when composing my picture.  I went in the afternoon in hope of the best natural lighting.   I am pleased with the lighting that was available and sun placement. I like the effect of the shadow of the man to fully show his form.    I positioned him on the right rule of thirds, while positioning the skyline on the upper rule of thirds.   I timed the photograph where you can see the disc reaching the basket, while he is holding another. The dense horizontal line of trees on the left side of the picture also brings the eye toward the moving disc.   I am also pleased with the strong contrast of colors between the tan of the grass and blue of the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment